Acupuncture – Tapping Into Your Body’s Natural Healing Powers
Acupuncture facilitates your body to heal naturally without the use of drugs or surgery. Many scientific studies (link to articles) demonstrate the powerful effect acupuncture can have on the body’s inherent and profound ability to repair itself. Acupuncture is the insertion of ultra-thin needles into specific points on the body in order to prevent and treat disease. It is a simple, safe, effective and economical therapy with virtually no side effects.
Acupuncture does not interfere with other treatment modalities. It complements and even enhances other treatments such as physical therapy and chiropractic. Acupuncture can be used to reduce the adverse side effects and complications that are sometimes associated with surgery, pharmaceuticals and other invasive procedures.
Acupuncture benefits you by:
- Increasing the range-of-motion of joints
- Reducing inflammation and swelling
- Relaxing muscles
- Increasing circulation of oxygen and blood to provide needed nutrients to nerves and muscles to begin healing from injury
- Increasing cell growth and regeneration
- Strengthening immune system by stimulating leukocytes to fight infection and increasing T-cell counts
- Releasing endorphins, serotonin and melatonin to block pain response
- Restoring blood flow to limbs and organs
- Reducing stress and enhancing mood by stimulating endorphins and regulating serotonin in the brain
In addition to relieving pain and strengthening organ systems of our bodies, acupuncture helps to maintain health and wellness. Preventative medicine is the true path of a healthy life.